S&S News: GTA 5 could be highest Metacritic game of all time, just behind GTA 4

Grand Theft Auto 5 could become the highest-rated game on score aggregation site Metacritic, falling just behind of GTA 4 after a day of reviews. With such a strong start, it’s possible upcoming reviews could push it ahead of it's predecessor.  

MCV reports that GTA 5 currently holds a Metacritic rating of 98 on Xbox 360 and, 97 on PS3.

By comparison, GTA 4 holds a Metacritic rating of 98 on Xbox 360 and 98 on PS3, although this is spread across many more reviews.

Both games sit ahead of such high-scoring games as Super Mario Galaxy (97 Metacritic), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (97 Metacritic), Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 (97 Metacritic), Half-Life 2 (96 Metacritic), BioShock (96 Metacritic), Uncharted 2 (96 Metacritic), Batman: Arkham City (96 Metacritic), Mass Effect 3 (96 Metacritic), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, (96 Metacritic) and Resident Evil 4 (96 Metacritic).

If there was ever a game to knock off GTA 4, it would be GTA 5, which is now currently available.  

Comments

  1. Kris Finch9/17/2013

    Nonono, this list needs more Dishonored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris Finch9/17/2013

    I don't see how some of these games could make the list, yet exclude Dishonored! Although, Dishonored wasn't a mainstream title, either. I like all the games on this list, but I see a common denominator here, all are mainstream titles that received a ton of press coverage, hype, and sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you and I both enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris Finch9/17/2013

    Indeed! I don't see how people couldn't enjoy Dishonored. I'm starting to fangirl hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it's starting to show how much you liked the game :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris Finch9/17/2013

    Haha, I suppose I shouldn't mention how I've pondered a Mark of The Outsider Tattoo... x_x

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha that actually would be pretty cool. Right on your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris Finch9/17/2013

    I wouldn't want it super big and blocky though, you know? I'd also want to wait until I have my career locked in. If I'm an art professor at a University I'm not too sure how a hand tattoo would go over haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment

Popular Posts