S&S News: “We aren’t using Kinect to snoop,” says Phil Harrison

One of my biggest problems with the Xbox One is the forcing of Kinect with the new system, and the fact that it will always makes it all the worse.  Microsoft's own Phil Harrison has assured us that they won't peek in on you through your Kinect...


“Microsoft has very, very good policies around privacy. We’re a leader in the world of privacy, I think you’ll find,” Harrison told Eurogamer.

“We take it very seriously. We aren’t using Kinect to snoop on anybody at all. We listen for the word ‘Xbox on’ and then switch on the machine, but we don’t transmit personal data in any way, shape or form that could be personally identifiable to you, unless you explicitly opt into that.”

I'm not sure what you guys' feelings are after you read these quotes, but I'm still skeptical on the system.  I'll have to wait till E3 to make my final judgement on the new "all in one" entertainment system.

Comments

Popular Posts