S&S News: Notch Starting to Feel the Pressure for Minecraft Successor

Minecraft creator Markus “Notch” Persson recently stated that he is struggling creatively with his next big project.  Saying that it will be hard to match the success from the wildly popular hit Minecraft.....


“I definitely think Minecraft is a freak thing,” Persson said. “There’s no way you could replicate it intentionally. And yes, I’m starting to feel writer’s block as a result. I’m not sure if it’s pressure to repeat…Actually, it is the pressure to repeat. And with Minecraft it was just easier, because nobody knew who I was. Now I post a new idea and millions of people scrutinize it.”

I'm looking forward to seeing what his next game will be, we'll probably see something this year.

Source: Gamespot

Comments

Popular Posts