Batman Arkham City Lockdown iOS



After about a week of doing nothing for the site, I came across a Batman game for iOS.  We are coming close to the end of the gaming drought, and I needed  a game to take me away from MW3 and Skyrim.  Since I love anything that relates to Batman, I went ahead and grabbed this for my iPod touch.


Presentation:
Batman ACL is ran on the Unreal Engine just like Infinity Blade, and its not as technically impressive as Infinity Blade 2 but it gets the job done.  The stellar voice acted cutscenes were a surprise for me, I didn't think that they would put voice acting in the game.  The game overall doesn't look to good.  The audio in the game is OK as well, like I said before the voice acting is good, but the soundtrack is pretty forgettable.  




Core Gameplay:
Batman ACL is a melee fighter set in the Batman: Arkham City universe. The game features swipe-controlled one-on-one combat against different thugs and baddies we've all come to love.  Players fight through four different areas of Arkham City, encountering cool and unique bosses with famous Batman villains at the end of each.  WayneTech upgrades makes a return from the console games.  The game also have unique Batman skins that give the game more depth. Each skin changes Batman's Health, Damage and Speed attributes, this of course wasn't in the original game.




Final Thoughts:
Diehard Batman fans like myself will come to like this game with time, even if it takes a while.  The game is a fun way to pass the time, but lacks the great story that made Rocksteady’s Arkham games so engrossing on consoles.  The $5.99 price tag makes this a tough buy for casual fans, and an easy one for hardcore fans.


Final Score = 7/10

Comments

Popular Posts