Short And Sweet Review: Rayman Origins




Rayman Origins is a comic adventure set in a beautifully rendered 2D world and its the cornerstone of this wonderful universe.  Rayman has always been one of my favorite series ever since I first played it on my favorite console, the N64.  The tough platforming always kept me coming back with eager to finish a level.  Right off the bat, the game is gorgeous, the 2D effect brings back the old school nostalgia of the older games.  Its probably the best Rayman has looked and ever will look.  This platformer is built with the idea of player momentum in mind, just like a LittleBigPlanet.  The levels are intricately designed to fit the players momentum.  I found myself  trying to keep my speed up to finish most of the levels, it works surprisingly well.  There are a magnitude of stages to explore here, great boss fights, unlockable character skins, hidden stages galore and hours upon hours of pure fun.  I have to comment on the boss fights, there isn't many boss fights but when they occur, its awesome.  The bosses themselves look great as well.  Seeing every detail of birdlike creature is always welcoming.  In a blockbuster holiday season of Triple-A games, its great to see a smaller title pack such a huge punch.



Final Score = 9.5/10

Comments

Popular Posts