Short and Sweet Review: Need for Speed The Run






Need for Speed : The Run is an average game but has a few memorable bright sights that true fans of the NFS games will come to appreciate.  I'm not the biggest fan of this franchise but I found myself enjoying this game in a few sessions.  What Need for Speed: The Run has going for it is that it feels more like an old-school NFS game than the previous games.  Its a lot more "arcady" if you will.  Even though I enjoyed the Shift games.  Throughout the campaign, the scenery and gameplay will differ in range as you travel from different coasts.  You'll race in standard eight car races, to a checkpoint time attacks, mountain drifts and cop chases(which are my favorite).  The graphics are the best feat of the game, it has gorgeous set pieces like The Rockies, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, even the New Jersey Turnpike is cool.  The story of the game is rather weird and all together forgettable.  Thats been a regular with these games.  There isn't much else to the game other than the online.  Its okay I guess if you like that sort of thing.   If you are a NFS fan then this a definite purchase for you, but If you're a casual racing fan like me, give it a try first and see what you think.



Final Score = 7.75/10




Comments

Popular Posts