‘If they think our game is shit, it’s fine by me,’ says The Order 1886 dev


The Order: 1886 received some new gameplay footage late last week, and it was met with a bit of scrutiny.  Now, Ready At Dawn's CTO has responded to the recent scrutiny in a rather interesting and blunt way.



“An Important clarification: I didn’t write here because I want to interfere with the discussion or influence the general opinion or even less intimidate anyone,” he began.

“If one thinks our game is Shit [literally: liquid shit], it’s very fine with me. : D Of course I’d prefer a different opinion, and I’m sorry that we failed to attract a possible user, but for sure I’m not hurt or angry. An opinion is an opinion – and we’re talking about entertainment here, not a matter of life or death.

“We do our best and we’d like to do things that a whole lot of people will like, but it’s stupid to think that everyone will like them. Even more so today, given the costs and the lower development chances, it’s important to create projects with a lot of personality and polarizing choices. Some will like those choices (we hope many will!), some will be indifferent, some will hate them… and that’s fine.”

Pessino also discussed the game’s release date.  “I can’t comment on the dates. Believe me, all I do is put myself in trouble for the things I say on Twitter. Have mercy. : (“

Comments

Popular Posts