S&S News: GTA 5 first day sales hit $800 million


GTA 5 has already made $800 million in one day, according to Take-Two’s internal estimates.
The estimated sell-through figure includes sales across both platforms in Europe and North America and does not include Japan and Brazil, where the game is not on sale yet.

“All of us at Take-Two are thrilled with the initial response to Grand Theft Auto V,” said Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick in the press release. “Once again, the team at Rockstar Games have outdone themselves, setting the entertainment industry’s new standard for creativity, innovation and excellence.

“Beginning at midnight on Monday, consumers around the world gathered in anticipation to be among the first to experience the evolution of this remarkable series. In North America alone, more than 8,300 stores opened their doors at midnight to welcome fans whose loyalty and enthusiasm were rewarded with what The New York Times called ‘the most immersive spectacle in interactive entertainment’.

“We are incredibly proud of Rockstar Games’ creative achievement and could not be more pleased with the success of this launch. Fiscal year 2014 is off to a great start.”

Comments

  1. Kris Finch9/19/2013

    Good article. Will you be picking up Dark Souls II?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris Finch9/19/2013

    Who's your favorite character so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Trevor has the best missions :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe, I'm not very good at these games. You?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris Finch9/19/2013

    I'm not sure haha. I told you I rage quit Dark Souls I right? How far did you make it into DS?

    ReplyDelete
  6. About an hour, then I shut it off :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris Finch9/19/2013

    Lmao!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one! xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, i just couldn't get into it, but I will still try Dark Souls 2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris Townsend9/21/2013

    Already got my copy pre-ordered. I can't even count how many times I beat Dark Souls. Two is my biggest must have of the year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment

Popular Posts